The Lighthouse at Cape Melangavi, Corinthia
One of the oldest stone-built lighthouses in Greece and is still operating is located at Capoe Melangavi, Gulf of Corinth, at co-ordinates 38° 1’43.31″N 22°51’1.81″E
It was commissioned in 1897 using petroleum oil as its energy source.
The lighthouse was switched off throughout World War II and became operational again in 1947, still using oil, but was modified and connected to the electricity grid in 1982.
The lighthouse is attended, it flashes white every 10 sec and has a nominal range of 20 n.m.
All images copyright Eric CB Cauchi / Eternal Greece Ltd, unless otherwise stated.