Please ensure that you read these booking conditions, as tours booked with Eternal Greece Ltd are subject to the following:
- BOOKING AND PAYING FOR YOUR TOUR
Bookings for our tours are registered online. Our tours have varying deposit schemes, some being fully prepaid: full information is provided in each individual tour on our website. A contract between you and Eternal Greece Ltd will come into existence once we confirm your booking upon receipt of the corresponding deposit and issue a receipt or an invoice. If you are booking for any other person, you confirm that you have their authority to do so as their agent and will be responsible for all costs arising out of the booking as well as for the behaviour of such person. Bookings of Single-Day tours are confirmed upon the receipt of the full tour rate; bookings of Multi-Day tours and Self-Drive tours are confirmed upon the receipt of the corresponding deposit, which is mentioned on the related Tour’s booking form. If we are unable to accept your booking, we will return any payment to you immediately. The balance payment for those tours where a deposit is payable (Multi-Day tours and Self-Drive tours) is due 60 days before the commencement of the tour. If, for such tours, you book within 60 days of departure then the full amount must be prepaid. To book, please click the ‘Book Now’ or ‘Click Here to Book’ button on any page to launch your online booking. Depending on the tour type you may pay either the corresponding deposit or the full amount. We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, Diners and AMEX.
- IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
If, after confirmation has been issued, you wish to change to another tour in the 2020 schedule, please notify us in writing (email@example.com) and we will do our best to accommodate your request, however this cannot be guaranteed. Any change is subject to availability and also to payment of an administration fee of EUR 50.- per person as well as any related costs of the change as imposed by our suppliers. A minimum 10% charge of the price of the originally-booked tour will be also applied and retained by Eternal Greece Ltd if this is within 30 days of the commencement day of the tour, to cover costs.
- IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
In all cases of cancellation, we must be informed by email from the person who made the booking, the cancellation taking effect from the date at which the notification reaches our office.
In the event that you, or any member of your party on whose behalf you have signed the booking form, has to cancel their booking, the reservation may be transferred to another person, provided it is more than 30 days before the departure date of the tour and subject to submission of a new booking form.
In ALL other circumstances the following charges are applicable (calculated on the day on which written notification is received in our office)
(A) Multi-day Tours and Self-Drive Tours
84+ days before departure: Deposit only
83-63 days before departure: 35 % of tour price
62-42 days before departure: 55 % of tour price
41-21 days before departure: 75 % of tour price
21 days or less before departure: 100% of tour price
(B) Single-Day Tours: For half and full-day tours:
If the cancellation is received more than 7 days prior to the planned tour/ activity: 50% of tour price.
If the cancellation is received fewer than 7 days prior to the planned tour/ activity: 70% of tour price.
If the cancellation is received on the day before the tour/No-show: 100% of tour price.
- IF WE MAKE CHANGES TO THE TOUR
Minor changes may occasionally become necessary and we will naturally inform you as soon as possible. Where a change is a minor, such as a site change or a change to your tour manager we will, if practical, advise you before departure, but we are not obliged to do so. Should a major change occur (for instance, a change to the standard of accommodation or to the advertised itinerary), you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, transferring your booking to another available tour, or cancelling your participation and receiving a full refund. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of your trip after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you to continue the trip at no extra charge, or, if this is impossible, or you do not accept these alternative arrangements for a good reason, we will provide you with transport back to your point of departure in Greece as per your original flight ticket.
- IF ETERNAL GREECE HAS TO CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY before the date of departure you will have the choice of participating in an alternative programme (paying or receiving a refund/credit with respect to any price difference) or accepting a full refund of all monies paid. No liability can be accepted where (1) we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care or (2) we have to cancel because of underbooking or (3) the change is not significant. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met. We will notify you no later than 60 days before departure where this is the case. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us (such as for connecting flights or other travel arrangements), or for any insurance premiums.
It is a condition of booking that all our travellers be covered by comprehensive, full and appropriate travel insurance and do not travel against medical advice. You should obtain insurance immediately you book so as to be covered in case of the ill health of yourself, a close relative or your travelling companion. Whilst we do not check insurance policies, we do ask for written details (insurer’s name, policy number and emergency contact number) no later than 4 weeks prior to departure. You are responsible for indemnifying us in full in the event that we incur any losses or expenses arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover and this indemnification comes into effect with your booking. An example of how to obtain travel insurance can be found here.
- TRANSFER OF BOOKINGS
If you are unavoidably prevented from taking your holiday you may (as long as this is not less than 30 days before departure), find another person to take your place. This right of transfer is subject to a fee of EUR 50.- per person. Both yourself and the transferee shall be liable to Eternal Greece Ltd for the payment of the balance, together with any additional charges imposed by the suppliers providing the component parts of your holiday. You are not permitted to transfer your booking to another tour.
- FORCE MAJEURE
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of force majeure. In these conditions, force majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include (without being limited to), whether actual or threatened, industrial dispute, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, geophysical hazards, fire and all similar events beyond our control.
- PASSPORTS AND VISAS
All travellers are responsible for ensuring that they have a valid passport. Should you be a citizen of a country for which a visa is required to enter Greece (which is a member of the EU and of the Schengen Zone), obtaining the visa is your responsibility and is not part of our contract. You will need to pay all costs incurred in applying for or obtaining a visa. We cannot be held responsible for any changes in the visa process or for any refusal or failure of any country’s authorities to grant a visa to any individual. If you cannot obtain a visa and have to cancel as a result, we regret cancellation charges as set out in our booking conditions will apply. For all clients, all passports, visas, travel insurance and health certificate requirements are your responsibility. Eternal Greece Ltd accepts no responsibility for any delay or expense incurred through any irregularity in our clients’ travel documents.
- SPECIAL REQUESTS
If you have any special requests, please inform us of these in writing at the time of booking. We will advise the relevant suppliers but cannot guarantee that they will be met. Furthermore, Eternal Greece Ltd has no liability to you if such requirements are not met. We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request.
- COMPLAINTS in respect of matters arising during the holiday must be reported to staff immediately so that any problem may be remedied on the spot. One of our priorities is to give you a pleasant and enjoyable holiday, and we strive very hard to do so. However, if our staff are unable to help, and you still have a complaint, you should put it in writing at the time and then send it to us within 30 days of your return. Failure to take these steps may hinder our ability to resolve the problem and/or investigate it fully and thus your rights under the contract may be affected. We regret we cannot accept liability for any claims which are not notified to ourselves and/or our suppliers strictly in accordance with this clause. If you are ill whilst on holiday, report your illness to our representative, consult a local doctor and also consult your General Practitioner on return to your home country. Should you then wish to make a claim against us as a result of that illness you must provide us with details of both the local doctor whom you saw, and your GP, together with written authority for us to obtain a medical report from both those doctors.
- CLIENT BEHAVIOUR
When you book a holiday with Eternal Greece Ltd you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of your party. Eternal Greece Ltd reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to terminate the holiday of any member of your party whose conduct is disruptive or detrimental to the enjoyment of other clients, or whose conduct may prejudice the reputation of Eternal Greece Ltd with our suppliers, such as guides and hotel owners. In that situation, Eternal Greece Ltd shall have no further responsibility or liability to you. The departure of a coach, ship or train will not be delayed for passengers who are not on board by the stated departure time.
- YOU MUST BE FIT AND WELL to take part on one of our tours. Many of our programmes involve a fair amount of walking over rough terrain on archaeological or natural sites which can be difficult to negotiate and also physically tiring. We rely on your assessment of your own ability to take part in a tour. If you have any reservations regarding your fitness for a trip, please call us. Under no circumstances should you travel if your doctor has or would advise against it. If you are disabled, unfit or disabled in any way or have any medical condition which will or may affect your tour arrangements, it is essential and imperative that you inform Eternal Greece Ltd so that we may give you advice as some of the tours would be very unsuitable for you. If you know that you need help, you should bring a helper with you, whose participation is subject to availability and the full tour price. Eternal Greece Ltd reserves the right to refuse to take participants who have not provided all relevant details of any medical condition, infirmity, disability, or other factors which adversely affect your ability to fully participate in the holiday at the time of booking or as soon as any such condition etc. develops, if later. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that potential participants appreciate the possible risk inherent in archaeological travel and that they undertake the tours, walks or other activities contained in our programmes and as featured in our brochures and website, on that basis.
- MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
If you are a national of an EU country, you should obtain your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) available from main Post Offices or online. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take all necessary medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your travel, also ensuring that you carry the advice with you in your hand luggage. Should you be taken ill whilst on tour we will endeavour to arrange for professional medical care as appropriate and as quickly as practically possible and, where necessary inform your travel insurers. Please ensure that you provide us with your next of kin details so that we can make arrangements for them to be contacted in an emergency. Please note that all costs incurred by the company in providing this assistance, including payment for any transport and telephone calls must be reimbursed to the company. A receipt will be issued so that you can present this to your travel insurers for your reimbursement.
- BROCHURE AND BROCHURE ACCURACY
Eternal Greece Ltd reserves the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars contained in its brochures at any time before we enter into a contract with you. If there is any significant change, we will notify you before you enter into such contract. All information is given in good faith and believed correct at the time of printing: whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy, occasional errors may and do occur and you must therefore make sure that you check your holiday details carefully at the time of booking.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our website and brochures, details may have changed by the time you come to book your holiday. You should not assume that details shown on our website match those shown in our brochure. Please check all details of your holiday at the time of booking.
(i) Our obligations, and those of our suppliers providing any service or facility included in your holiday, are to provide them with reasonable skill and care. You must show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim. The services and facilities included in your holiday will be deemed to be provided with reasonable skill and care if they comply with any local regulations which apply. Please note, however, our obligation is to exercise reasonable skill and care as referred to above. We do not make any representation or commitment that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we have not exercised reasonable skill and care. Please also note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers). (ii) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: – the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or – the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or – ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 8 above (iii) Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your holiday.
- TOUR STAFF
Group tours, depending on their size and duration, may be accompanied by a qualified Tour Leader and/or licenced Guide.
- FINANCIAL PROTECTION
Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover: In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (tagis), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of • non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK • the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered in this brochure/literature/document/on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for: • a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or • making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled. Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy. In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0330 880 3625. A copy of the policy is available on request. This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (t&g), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- OTHER TERMS
Tour prices and schedules can change due to unpredictable external factors such as increases in taxes and/or VAT and in the admission tickets at archaeological sites and museums, or changes in the prices and timetables of ferries. Eternal Greece Ltd claims its right to cover such increases or ask the clients to pay the differential. Any change in the tour schedule and time will be communicated as early as possible. Extra provisions (for example, insurance, VIP limousine or van, professional tour guide etc.) not specified in the tour/package/activity description bear an extra charge. Tours, packages and activities are subject to change for safety or operational reasons. This can entail a reduction or increase of the original rate that will be duly communicated by Eternal Greece Ltd before the booking of the product of choice. By purchasing and taking part in any of the programmes, tours and activities of Eternal Greece Ltd, the client explicitly agrees that Eternal Greece Ltd may later use, free of charge or other obligations, photographic and video material obtained during such programme, tour or activity for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity. By registering, by using our services and/or providing your e-mail address, you agree to receive regular e-mail updates from Eternal Greece Ltd about our programmes, our website, our news, travel and other community related topics. Each e-mail you receive shall contain a mandatory opt out at the bottom to allow you to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
- YOUR CONTRACT
With us and any matters arising from it shall be subject to Scots law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland.
Latest revision: 9 January 2020